Monday, June 8, 2009

A New Project on the Anvil... Is It?

Talks are on with a new client I got in touch with on LinkedIn. They are a start up venture in IT. They already have some content up for their website but it really needs some major tweaking and refining in order to make it work. I believe that a well written website not only helps in putting forward a good impression to the reader but also aids it in its branding. A mock draft was desired by them from me in order to access my line of thoughts on their project. They got back to me with a positive feedback on the same and have desired me to provide them with my charges for my services as well as a detailed plan as to how I will work on their project. The client has also expressed their desire to seek my services to prepare a power point presentation for them. My cost estimate provided to them is inclusive of that too.

I am hopeful that things progress forward towards completion and does not end up as one of those projects which just could not happen because we could not agree on a price. I just despise the thought of haggling with clients when they want me ' re consider' the price quoted by me. I quote a price after thinking and taking into consideration all aspects which would be involved from my end when I would work on the project and when asked to re consider no new thought is going to pop up in my head prompting me to reduce the price! Why does it never happen that a client says that you need to re consider your price and quote something higher????

I always demand 50% of the total payment as initial payment as the industry where I work runs on trust which I am sorry to say has had a battering with certain clients who either did not cough up the entire amount due at the end or very conveniently decided to abort the project mid way! Well it was my hard work in both cases which had to suffer a bruised ego.. It taught me lessons.. lessons that put your interest always first.

I consider it fair... I do your work as and when you want, you take care of my conditions as and when I want.. After all this industry is symbiotic and needs both the parties.. It just depends as to who acts as a host and who as the parasite!

PS: I will update here as and when I hear from the client regarding any developments on this project front.. the price front that is...I hope it is not again a case of unfinished business :)
Retweet

No comments:

Post a Comment