Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lets roll some ink now!

The new project is ON!! Yayy.. I got a final go ahead from their end today and will be starting on it from Monday once my parents return.. Ohh that reminds me... My folks are here visiting us!! Their first after my marriage so that makes it all the more special :)

Ohh now back to work, This project is bringing with it a lot of "Firsts" for me;
1. The segment that I will be working on is something which I have never tread before.
2. For the first time I will be taking the money for the project in installments. The client is one of a start up and he wishes to pay me as and when he has enough Liquidity. Am I comfortable? Well frankly, no, but then I feel that one bad experience should not stop me from trusting others. And also no matter how this deal finishes at the end all that I need right now is enough of writing avenues to work upon. This is because only writing more and more will get me any closer to being the best at it! Yeah, high aspirations I have from myself! :)

The company has discussed is an IT company and is offering a project management tool.
The client's brief for me on this project is simple: Keep it simple yet convincing.

The website desired by them is supposed to contain 4 web pages:
Home Page; Product's / Services offered; Features/ targeted segments and; Contact Us.

Since I had already sent a draft for the Home page to the client initially as a sample run therefore I have the basic skeleton ready to work upon.

Jotting down of random ideas and going through the websites of their potential competitors will be used by me to get a complete understanding of this particular segment being desired to target by the client and the kind of exposure that I should target for the same.

Will be here again with a step by step discussion of each step towards working on this website as and when I progress.. Till then lets keep the creative juices flowing people!


Retweet

No comments:

Post a Comment