Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I take an advance payment of 50%- YES I DO


I need to settle this once and for all. I have gone tired explaining it out as to why I need to have an advance before I start working on my projects. The clients have responded back plain rude, confused or in some instances considering that I do not have the required competence YET to put forward this demand. Now that is a sure OUCH. Just for my personal satisfaction I wish to openly state that Yes, I demand an advance if you wish to utilize my content writing services. This statement is not something which I go on to make just from the back of my head. I have reasons and rationales to back the same. reasons which justify that my services are worth an advance. Seriously, I guess I should attach this blog post with every correspondence that I have with my future clients! :)

  1. I charge an advance because I have no intentions of falling prey to clients who to start off have a bag full of principles with them but later on decide to polish off with my work without paying a dime for it. By this I by no means wish to categorize all clients as bad. In fact, over a period of time I have had the opportunity to get to know some of the best human beings with whom I worked on individual projects. But then the entire picture is not as rosy. This rule by me is also because of some clients who for some strange reason decide to halt the project mid way. If you wish me to do the project pro bono kindly ASK. I might just do it for free! It is in my interest that I desire an advance. This allows me to safeguard my work, effort and time that I have devoted towards the project which the client very coolly decides to abandon with.
  2. An advance payment allows me to judge as to if the client is really serious about the project or just wishes to test waters as he might have previously done and succeeded in several other occasions. Sorry, I accept it that I am gullible and can fall into your trap if I do not have limits set for me in order to safe guard my own interest.
  3. My line of work of creative writing works on trust. There are not many legal contracts and written agreements found here. With a thin line dividing profit and loss I wish to safe guard my income and profit by having a backing of an advance payment. Heck I am not the only one demanding an advance for my services, every respectable professional in what so ever field they work in have since years demanded the same towards providing their services. So am I. Accept it and please respect it.

Retweet

No comments:

Post a Comment