Friday, July 17, 2009

The Fun of Freelancing


It has been almost 3 years now since I quit a regular job and took up freelancing. As expected I was a bit hesitant in the beginning as to where it would lead me but then as I settled into freelancing I really took a liking for it. For me getting to work as a creative writer was the best outlet that I could get to do something that I truly loved.

Believe me, it makes a lot of difference when you get to work on something which you are truly attached too. You do not need any kind of motivation to drag you day after day and love the challenges that comes along. Freelancing as a content web writer did this for me. I have loved every day ever since I got into it. ( OK I have Monday blues here too :) )

Freelancing has bought with it a whole big bag full of advantages for me:

1. It allowed me to work on something which was my passion.
2. It introduced me to variety in writing through all kinds of projects that came along.
3. It made em grow socially by introducing to me a whole bunch of new people who not only bought me new work but also fellow writers whose writing master pieces left me in complete awe.
4. Freelancing bought with it flexibility. I could finally work on my terms and at last had NO boss over me!
5. It made me more responsible as now I was wholly and solely responsible for the work that I delivered to my clients.
6. Most importantly it is making me learn on how to negotiate! I would say that I am still learning this trade and have lots to learn here..
7. And of course, it brings in some real quick bucks! :) Believe me, you can really do some good cash counting here in this field once you have some good experience and a varied portfolio to back you.

A pen and paper (or a screen and a keyboard) having so much advantages??? Now that makes freelance web writing worth a try... What say??!
Retweet

No comments:

Post a Comment