Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Tips, My Experience


I may not have had enough time yet as a freelance content writer but there are certain things that I have discovered and rather drilled in my head to keep in mind. Practical tips which have come my way from my very own experience. Tips which might not sound all that important but believe me when you are working in this field of creative writing and that too as a freelancer they can help you wade through real smooth!

1. You have to learn to say NO too! I can imagine that as a freelancer you might be at times wanting to grab any project which comes your way but believe you me, you have to say no at times too. Doing projects for free or on terms which are totally dictated by your client will not get you any good. You have to understand this. It might be difficult to turn down a project but you have to make the client understand your terms and conditions too!

2. This brings me to my next tip. Before you start freelancing as a content writer devote some time and chart down your price list and your terms and conditions. I understand that when yous tart off you cannot charge high but this does not stop you from charging a decent befitting amount too. You have to make the client realise that you have the talent hence he has approached you for his work.

3. Never under price. Never put your talent on the line just to grab a project by succumbing to the pressure of the client asking you to lower your price. If you feel that you are charging the right justified amount then stick to it. You would portray a strong stable personality this way.

4. Never compromise on the quality of work. As a freelance content writer it is your work which is your identity. By delivering low quality work you are harming your reputation. One of the most common reason for producing low quality work is lack of time owing to too many projects. Therefore limit the amount of work that you take on at a particular time.

5. Do not shy from networking. For a freelancer it is the word of mouth which brings in business. For this you need to network effectively. To start networking ensure that you have your portfolio ready. If possible have your website created too. You can now become a member of the various networking communities on the Internet and simply sell your talent.

6. Communicate. Keep in touch with all your good clients as they are the one's who can be your best advertisers to future customers.
Retweet

No comments:

Post a Comment