Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pick Me!



Yes, this is what all of us wish for when applying for an assignment. There have been instances when I had been so sure that I would definitely land up with a project but somehow at the end that never happened. Someone else was picked up instead of me. this bought me to realise that what is it in my, my skills that sets me apart from the others in my field. Once I could get to know these points I could then work towards making them work in my favor. trying to find out this is not at all difficult. All that is required is that you carry out a careful assessment of certain points and be the judge yourself.

In order to know your plus points ask yourself some hard questions; questions relating to as to why should clients pick you for their projects. Are you dependable, are you available, are you flexible with your approach, do you adhere to time lines, are you a pro at something, do you have good client testimonials to back your work, do you work cheap? These are some questions which can lead you towards the answer and the discovery of what is unique in your writing talent.

The next step? Hardcore Marketing!

Yes, in freelancing what is visible sells! once you know your positives which set you apart from the herd you need to go out and make your clients know that too! Send emails to prospective clients highlighting your plus points; discuss about these on your blog; emphasise on these points when you talk with clients; showcase client testimonials on your website. having said all this what remains the number one rule to follow is to DEMONSTRATE your skill to the client! With action speaking louder than words you need to prove it to your client that you HAVE the skill in you..

It is all about discovering and sticking to it... Every client likes to work with people who are not only good at their profession but at the same time are worth their salt too!
Retweet

No comments:

Post a Comment