Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Year Of The Ox Gets Ready To Give Way To The Year Of The Tiger!


The year 2009 is almost gone. Yes, once more the time comes when we sit and wonder as to how soon the year went by. So while we do the thinking I thought of listing together what all was special at my end for the year 2009!

1. The year bought with it a good and a promising flow of projects for me to work on. Also, I got my 1st regular content writing client whose monthly pay checks are now responsible for the ‘almost visible’ savings in my account! Thank you Henrik! :)

2. My portfolio too was a witness to steady progress when it moved from its word format to a pdf format in 2008 to its latest online version in 2009. Yes, Niha Redhu got live in 2009!

3. 2009 also saw me getting introduced to the ‘all the while sitting there’ world of social networking. An account on Twitter followed and with it came a whole bunch of good connections and amazing friends. My account on LinkedIn created ages ago was also taken out of the cobwebs and dusted. Finally I had in place the means to get connected to the ‘right’ people.

4. The year was also dedicated to the memory of the ‘big fat Indian get together’ which had me and my husband jet hopping at regular intervals to the various longitudes and latitudes of the country.

5. We also finally managed the long awaited trip to Goa! Yeah well let’s not stray longer here as I might just give into the temptation of buying tickets again for the New Years In ago! Highly tempting I say!

6. Oh and yes, I finally have a designated space as my ‘office’ in my house. Though I share the space with the treadmill, the ironing board, the husband’s utterly precious, ‘highly loaded’ desktop as well as the shoe rack I STILL did manage to find some space for myself in that very room! Highly efficient I say! :)

7. I also finally managed to get rid of my pricing inhibitions and could start quoting rates for my writing services confidently! You might not believe but when I started freelancing, any new project always made nervous as to how much should I quote for the assignment and if I could actually deliver on the needed requirements! Surely practice makes a man perfect and in my case confident!

8. On my personal front, the year was a mixed bag. With the occasional bouts of illnesses we did have our fair share of visits to the clinics as well. Not disappointing us this time too was our frequent food expeditions and with the decent help of a fair amount of diegene tablets we did manage to dig out some fairly good eating joints in Bangalore! A complete foodie couple is what we are!

9. We also managed to take time out and do our share of travelling this year which included a trip to Goa( from here both of us came back looking like a native West Indies couple), a trip to Humpi( with limited electricity, no telephones and ATM’s it was a complete backpackers holiday) and our lip smacking French cuisine journey along with the shopping spree in Pondicherry(the wood fired Pizza’s and the melting garlic naans were absolute killers!).

Dear happy God ji, I look towards the next year with hope and lots of expectations. Hope that it has in store for me more exciting projects, more exciting (would surely not mind exotic too) vacations and the chance to meet a whole new bunch of friends and people. Ohh and yes, the occasional reassuring jingle from my bank account too would be appreciated!





Retweet

No comments:

Post a Comment