Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Writing Price List Finally Goes Public!



I had been long contemplating and debating on the fact that should I or shouldn't go ahead and replace the standard and safe 'request a quote' web page on my website with my writing rates. The variable in consideration were plenty and so were the advices which came my way. I decided to take a fair perspective. So with a paper and pen I sat down and made 2 columns on the paper and started listing out the advantages and disadvantages which I could think of regarding posting my writing prices on my website.

Both the columns seemed to have equal number of points! But then deep inside i knew that it was the right time to bring out my writing rates. There was just one problem which was nagging me regarding it and that was the point that by posting my writing prices I would be reducing my chances of potential client interactions as they would now not be contacting me if they feel that my writing services prices are beyond their reach. But it did not take me long to realise that if these viewers did like my work and seeked quality work on their projects then they would by all means approach me!

The other factor that stood out was that now I would be able to concentrate my time only on a handful of clients who would be now knowing what price to expect for their project so that we could go ahead and straight away concentrate on the project. Believe me, when you work as a freelancer, the most time consuming task can be the one when you have to reply to queries regarding the prices charged and the ones which start a price negotiating cycle.

My profession of freelance web writing has many writers who provide content for as low as $1 per page. So by putting up my writing price list I wish to finally and once and for all declare it that no I am NOT one of them. I love my profession and I ensure that my work reflects the same passion and dedication. My writing price list is justified by the quality of my work that I deliver. So if you get what you want for your project I too have the right to charge logically for the same right?

After all, what I am bringing in is transparency and ease so that clients seeking a web content writer will know what to expect! You can check out the content writing rates at my website and let me know what you think!



Retweet

No comments:

Post a Comment