Sunday, November 29, 2009

Stress Busters Any One?



Most of us take on to freelancing with the thought that finally one would be able to regulate and control their work schedule and work at their own will. But it is seen that even this free at will work regime crumbles under the toll of stress if not managed properly. I too suffered from the same issue a few months after I started working as a freelance content writer. But then slowly i also realised means and ways to control it. It is important to find that 'perfect' stress buster that works the best for you. Not because it will help you increase your productivity at work but also because it will keep you happy and spirited. In my case I have found the following work best for me to help control/combat stress.

1. I limit the work which I take. For any freelancer the chance to work on multiple projects seems to be the best that could be possible but one does not realise the amount of stress it gets with it. when you have with you much more work than what you could easily handle then you are bound to feel the pressure of delivering on time. I have also realised that when I am working on several projects at one go it kind of decreases my work output and the results too could have been better. I have therefore made it a point to work only on a few projects at one go and deliver my best towards them.

2. I now make a schedule and most importantly STICK to it. It is important to have a rough time plan for everyday when one starts work. What is more important is that one stops work when the time is up. This will ensure that you get some quality time for yourself.

3. I find taking small breaks thought my work schedule very helpful. I make use of these breaks to read a book, cook a quick snack or listen to some music. I refrain from using this time doing something sitting at my work place. What is important for these breaks is that that you move away from your work place and feel fresh.

4. I also get stressed when i see myself moving behind deadlines. In my case the major culprit here are the distractions in the form twitter, face book and emails. To control this I have now slotted fixed time slots in my schedule when i go and attend to them and therefore do not spend my time checking for mails and notification randomly.

These tips work for me but might not for you. what is important is that you identify those for yourself and then stick to it. You yourself will be amazed by the positive results that you see for yourself in your routine.


Retweet

No comments:

Post a Comment